SOLD - Anthony & Commercial
Streetscape in the East End of Provincetown at Commercial and Anthony St. The old storefront at 512 Commercial Street, which no longer operates as a retail business, had several reincarnations, including a grocery and provision store (1870s), “Provincetown’s Only Delicatessen" (1930s), and Souza Silver, which also sold sandals, bags, belts and denim skirts (late 1940s). Across Anthony Street is Fire Engine No. 5, built in 1870. It is the first line of defense for District 5 — fires east of Howland Street to the Truro town line. Five blasts from the fire horn atop Town Hall signal fires in this District. Today, the fire horn is kept in working order with a test blast at noon every day except Sundays.