A stately building well-loved on the East End. The original figurehead was found and brought back from the Indian Ocean in 1867 by a whaling schooner in the fleet of Captain Henry Cook, who lived in the house in the 19th Century. Andrea took this image in early June, when the cadmium red poppies were fleetingly blooming in the adjoining yard.
20 x 20
Oil on Canvas